Euro Auctions, Zaragoza hosts 'online sale' to combat Covid-19 Virus, attracting a true international audience
With the Covid-19 virus pandemic affecting the whole of Spain and Portugal, Euro Auctions Zaragoza took the decision to make the sale on 18th March an 'on-line' auction, conducted over the Internet, reducing risk, making the auction safe, and reaching out to an international audience.
The hammer total for the sale was €2.6 million, with €2.3 million of sales coming from buyers on the internet, equating to 87% of the total sale. This auction changed the landscape of this, and all previous sales in Zaragoza, Spain, with not only interest from Europe, but from as far away as Australia, China and Japan.
75% of all vendors were from Spain, with the remaining sellers coming from UK, France, Morocco, Germany and Italy, making this a 'home' sale, with 1120 pieces of excellent construction and agricultural machinery for sale. The number of 'first time' registrations for this sale were up by a staggering 262% over the same time in March 2019, with bidders from across Europe and into the gulf states of the Middle East.
Paolo Alecci, Euro Auctions Manager for Spain explains, "The Coronavirus outbreak has seriously affected Spain, its people and its economy. Concerned about the health risks of holding a physical sale, Euro Auctions decided the safest way to proceed was to hold an online sale, not to let vendors and buyers down. Euro Auctions has a robust online sales platform, which it uses for various timed and live internet sales around the globe. Within a matter of days, the format of the sale was changed to internet based with the catalogue of lots online, and the Euro Auctions global marketing department informed our database of buyer around the world, and the online sale was a huge success."
"The success of the sale shows the confidence that buyers from the Iberian Peninsula and countries across Europe have in the market, with further trust in the Euro Actions brand and the quality of machinery on offer at this auction. With a steady increase in activity from consignors with quality equipment to sell, as well as a growing database of buyers from a widening catchment area, the need for good machinery is evident" says Paolo Alecci from Euro Auctions.
What were buyers looking for?
This Euro Auctions Zaragoza sale included an inventory of good multiples of excavators (6t, 10t and 20t), mini excavators, road rollers, rough terrain fork lifts, dumpers, telehandlers, back hoe loaders, wheeled loaders, as well as a compliment of good breakers and hand tools.
Top Prices Include
Skid Steer Loaders
- 2006 New Holland LS160 Skid Steer Loader, Piped c/w Bucket - €7,250
- 2011 Bobcat S70 Skid Steer Loader, Piped c/w Bucket - €6,250
- 2006 Bobcat S130 Skid Steer Loader, Piped, c/w Bucket - €7,900
- 2007 Dynapac CA602PD Padfoot Single Drum Vibrating Roller, A/C - €28,000
- 2006 Dynapac CA252D Single Drum Vibrating Roller c/w A/C - €24,500
Back Hoe Loaders
- JCB 4CX Backhoe Loader, QH, Piped - €14,500
- JCB 1CX Backhoe Loader c/w Joystick Controls, Piped - €28,000
- 2006 Manitou MRT1742 Roto Turbo Telehandler c/w Forks - €28,000
- 2008 Manitou MT1740SLT Turbo Telehandler c/w Sway, WLI, Forks - €23,000
- 2006 Manitou MT1435SL Telehandler - €17,000
Rough Terrain Forklifts
- 2007 Ausa C200 HX4 4WD Rough Terrain Forklift - €8,500
- 2006 Ausa C200 HX4 4WD Rough Terrain Forklift - €8,000
- 2006 Agria TH30-30 Rough Terrain Forklift c/w 3 Stage Mast, Side Shift, Forks - €6,500
- 2005 Ausa 6 Ton Swivel Skip Dumper c/w Roll Bar - €5,750
- Benford 3500H Swivel Skip Dumper - €6,250
- 2005 Barford SXR3500 Swivel Skip Dumper c/w Roll Bar - €4,250
- 2006 Benford 3 Ton Swivel Skip Dumper c/w Roll Bar - €4,000
- Kobelco SK350LC-8 600mm Pads, Piped c/w A/C - €110,500
- Case CX350B LC 600mm Pads, Piped c/w A/C - €107,000
- JCB JS370 LC 700mm Pads, Piped c/w A/C - €104,000
- 2007 Takeuchi TB175 Rubber Tracks, Blade, Offset, CV, QH, Piped, Aux. - €10,500
- 2007 Bobcat 442B Rubber Tracks, Blade, Offset, CV, QH, Piped - €11,000
- 2005 Komatsu PC78MR-6 450mm Pads, Blade, Bucket, Offset, CV, Piped, A/C - €9,000
- 2007 Volvo ECR38 Rubber Tracks, Blade, Offset, QH, Piped - €13,500
- 2007 Yanmar VIO30 Rubber Tracks, Blade, Offset, QH, Piped, Aux Piping - €12,000
- 0208 - 2015 JCB 8014CTS Rubber Tracks, Blade, Offset, Piped, c/w 3 buckets - €9,000
Paolo Alecci continues, “Value for money is vital; that’s why shrewd buyers are increasingly looking to acquire high specification, low hours machines at a significantly reduced cost of a new machine, which is why the Euro Auctions, Zaragoza auction is proving so popular.”
Upcoming ‘Global’ Euro Auctions sales 2020
25th, 26th, 27th March Leeds, UK
26th March Brisbane, Australia - online
22nd April Lisbon, Portugal – off site
23rd April Brisbane
24th, 25th April Dromore
28th, 29th, 30th Dormagen
Información de Fueyo Editores